About Our Founder, Radhika Dholakia
Has 27 years of experience in the banking industry, with an impressive background spanning all phases of compliance, operations, and risk management for leading institutions. She excels in policy and procedure development, audit management, and streamlining processes through the use of technology. Ms. Dholakia is known by her peers for her passion, integrity, resourcefulness, and determination. She approaches challenges with a "can do" attitude and believes that, if given the opportunity, there is nothing she can't accomplish. She is a quintessential leader and team builder, always willing to roll up her sleeves, and has consistently selected, mentored and led top talent.
Ms. Dholakia began her career on the retail side as a top-performing personal banker, advancing to branch manager for Wells Fargo before joining and rising through the ranks of Citibank. In 2001, her career took a turn when she was handpicked for the position of Senior Reviewer for Citibank West's new audit and risk review function. She was later promoted to Program Director, during which time she managed a team of 12 auditors charged with ensuring compliance with all current and emerging regulatory statutes. In this position, Ms. Dholakia played a key role in major national initiatives encompassing operational risk and BSA/AML compliance as well as other critical programs.
Having forged a stellar reputation throughout the banking industry, Ms. Dholakia was tapped in 2007 for the role of Senior Vice President/Chief Banking Officer for Wedbush Bank, a start-up De Novo bank owned by Wedbush Inc. Wearing many hats—including head of operations, compliance, BSA, information security, business continuity, and vendor management—she was instrumental in guiding the establishment of the organization, from concept and strategic planning to successful launch in 2008 and growth to $250 million in 5 years.
Following Ms. Dholakia's success at Wedbush Bank, she was recruited to Sunwest Bank to serve as Executive Vice President/Chief Compliance and Bank Secrecy Act Officer where she managed compliance, risk, and internal audit functions for this community bank with locations across 4 Western states. In addition to revamping the BSA/AML program, ensuring ongoing adherence to all statutes and regulations, and leading compliance due diligence for M&A activities, she assumed responsibility for business continuity and vendor management from other departments. Additionally, Ms. Dholakia instituted a complex foreign banking correspondent program that was accepted by bank regulators following extensive scrutiny.
A native Californian, Ms. Dholakia has received numerous awards, including being nominated for Los Angeles Business Journal's Executive Women of the Year in 2009. An articulate and highly knowledgeable communicator, she has been an invited speaker on compliance-related topics at many professional organizations and associations. She is active in community and volunteer organizations and taught financial literacy on behalf of Junior Achievement and served on the Board of WISE Place, a homeless shelter for women. She has been the past Chair and current member of the CBA Regulatory Compliance Committee and the WIB Compliance Committee. She is currently the VP/Governance for SEVA a non-profit organization that seeks to give back to the community and satisfy the thirst of the those in need. Ms. Dholakia holds a BA in Business Administration from California State University, Fullerton.
Frank Centofanti obtained a Bachelor of Science degree in Management with a specialization in Finance from the Krannert School of Management at Purdue University.
Since 2012 he has held the designation of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) and is a member of ACAMS and the Southern California Chapter of ACAMS. He also is certified as an arbitrator for the Financial Regulatory Authority (FINRA). His past professional credentials include FINRA Series 3, 7, 9, 10, 24, 63 and a California General Life Insurance Agent License.
His experience includes sales, management, administration, Bank Secrecy Act and general compliance, audit, and training within both the banking and securities industries. He has worked for small and medium-sized banks as well as some of the largest securities firms and banks in the world, including Prudential Securities Inc. and Citibank N.A.
Mr. Centofanti’s career has included positions as an investment representative, securities administrative manager, bank branch manager, compliance examiner, and corporate compliance officer. He has experience in regulations applicable to deposit, lending, and payment device products, writing policies, procedures, and audit reports, account documentation review, risk assessment, investigation of suspicious transactions, suitability, financial advisor trading activities, review of marketing, seminar, and client communication material, and a wide variety of banking and investment products and services. In addition, he has provided guidance and training for private and retail banking, brokerage, and commercial markets staff on regulatory requirements including Know Your Customer, Customer Information Profiling, Enhanced Due Diligence, cross-border sales and marketing practices, structured products, private placements, and hedge funds.
Ben Farias, a Senior Consultant of RAAD LLC, is a lead consultant with over 38 years of experience in bank regulation, fiduciary activities and general financial institution compliance risk management and credit review. Ben is a retired senior California Bank Examiner after sixteen years with the Department. Ben’s experience in the financial services industry risk management includes fiduciary activities compliance management, financial institution risk management, compliance risk management, fair lending management, internal audit services consulting and administration.
Risk management professional with 38 years in the bank regulation, risk management, fiduciary activities, compliance management and consulting. Positions held include:
- Retired Senior Bank Examiner (Grade IV) 16 years with California State Bank Department (now the Division of Financial Institutions)
- Commercial Bank Examination
- Fiduciary Activities
- Information Technology
- Departmental Training Officer
- Fiduciary Activities Compliance Manager
- Credit Review Examiner (Citigroup Banamex USA and Washington Mutual FSB)
- Community Bank Chief Compliance Officer, California United Bank, Sun West Bank (Nevada), Town & Country Bank (Nevada), Wedbush Bank, Citizens 1st Bank (Texas). California Business Bank
- Consultant/Financial Institution Compliance and Risk Management (Firstweb Bancorp, Deloitte and Touché)
- Community Reinvestment Act Officer (Sun West Bank, Town & Country Bank, California Business Bank, Citizens 1st Bank)
- Bank Secrecy Act Officer (Sun West Bank, Town & Country Bank)
- Fair Lending Officer (Citigroup Banamex USA, Sun West Bank (Nevada), Citizens 1st Bank (Texas)
- Certified Trust Compliance Professional, 1997 (Fiduciary and Investment Risk Management Association)
- Trainer, Conference of State Bank Supervisor, California Department of Personnel Administration
John Mason, a Senior Consultant, has over 25 years combined experience in financial services, internal audit, SSAE 16s/18s, regulatory compliance, information security, investigations, and process reengineering. He has held positions such as Chief Internal Auditor, Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), and VP of Audit & Compliance in banks, credit unions, and fintech organizations. While at two multi-billion-dollar credit unions, he was the CISO and helped establish information risk management programs as well as designing risk-based programs several years before Sarbanes-Oxley.
His experience includes:
- Information security assessments and audits
- Data security and privacy evaluation
- Residential, commercial, and consumer loan compliance
- Asset-based lending and factoring reviews
- BSA/OFAC compliance
- Asset/liability management (ALM) and interest rate risk (IRR) reviews
- Accounting/finance/investments assessments and reviews
- Risk management and assessments
- Fraud risk assessments and review
- IT/GLBA and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) design and assessments and workflow reduction
- Disaster recovery and business continuity services design and review
- Vendor management design, assessment, and review
- SSAE 18 (SOC 1 and 2) controls design, monitoring, testing, and evaluation (for both the host organization and third parties); also, readiness assessments in preparation for SSAE 18 audits
- Policy and procedure development and process mapping/flowcharting for financial, operational, and governmental organizations
- IT conversion assistance, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Multi-phased and integrated information security and HIPAA solutions
- Received Association of Credit Union Internal Auditors (ACUIA) national award for audit excellence
- Adjunct professor in graduate information security for over 14 years at one of 4 nationally designated Centers of Excellence
- Co-authored Computer Security Handbook, 5th and 6th Editions and has been one of the highest-rated adjunct professors in Norwich University’s Master of Science Information Security & Assurance (MSISA) program for over 10 years.
- Certified Information Systems Manager (CISM)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Chartered Bank Auditor (CBA; inactive)
- Certified Financial Systems Auditor (CFSA; inactive)
- Certified Financial Systems Security Professional (CFSSP; inactive)
John holds a B.A. in Economics and an M.B.A
Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)